Ten Conversation Starters That Have Nothing to do With Covid-19
While it’s important to stay informed on the latest pandemic news, talking about the coronavirus all the time can get really monotonous (and morbid). And as we move into the post-covid territory, it would be nice to hear about something else for a change.
Here’s a fun fact that you probably didn’t want to know: We’ve been talking about the coronavirus for a little over 500 days now. Yes, that’s 500 days of discussing the invisible enemy that shook the entire planet while simultaneously affecting our social lives and turning us all into introverts. But thanks to face-masks, social distancing and vaccination drives, things are (almost) beginning to look good again. Which means one thing: it’s time to socialise, and the last thing you want to do is talk about Covid-19 all over again. It’s not just boring but also bad for your health. According to the American Psychological Association, engaging with morbid content has proven to be a slow killer for your mental health. And there’s nothing more distressing than Covid talk.
Of course, it’s important to stay informed as new coronavirus variants are discovered, which might lead to a whole new set of regulations being put into place. But when you want to talk about something that doesn’t involve the pandemic, here are ten conversation starters covering everything from entertainment to wellness.
1. What do you prefer: yoga or cardio?
2. Did you cook anything new recently? We should share recipes.
3. What’s your go-to work-from-home breakfast?
4. Have your pets done anything interesting lately?
5. Have you heard of the rock band Måneskin? They‘re blowing up really quickly.
6. Did you watch the Gossip Girl reboot? Is it better than the original by any chance?
7. Are you reading anything interesting these days? I’d love a book recommendation.8.
8. I’ve really gotten into aromatherapy lately. What’s your favourite fragrance?
9. What’s one thing you’re excited about for tomorrow?
10. Why does ending a text with a period make someone sound angry?
These 8 Habits Will Help You To Live Your Best Life
Small acts can transform your life. Set the intention, dream big and inculcate these habits to live your life to the fullest.
Why Vitamin-C is The Best Ingredient For Glowing Skin
Want brighter, tighter, and overall better-looking skin? Try a Vitamin-C serum. The skincare staple is a potent antioxidant that helps fight UV damage while also promoting healthy collagen production.
The A-Z of Indian Superfoods: Haldi
Modern research shows that haldi, or turmeric, has amazing benefits for your body and mind. But did you know that it is poorly absorbed by your body, thus not giving you its full benefits? We tell you all about turmeric and how to increase its bioavailability.