Mental Health Resources To Deal With Covid Anxiety
Feeling anxious or overwhelmed? Talk to someone. We’ve curated experts across the country who are here to listen—you just need to call.
1. therapize.india: Coping with stress amid a devastating second wave of Covid-19 is not easy. But if you’re experiencing panic attacks or anxiety, among other things, Therapize offers one-on-one free counselling, as well as sessions for under INR 1,000 for those who able to pay.
2. Samvaad – Project Mumbai: Their free initiative ‘Counsellors on Call’ operates 12 hours a day, 8 am to 8 pm, seven days a week to provide emotional and psychological support to anyone in need.
3. APSWP (Association of Psychiatric Social Work Professionals): They offer free mental health support and counselling in multiple local languages, focusing on the myths, misconceptions, safe practices, and psychosocial interventions on Covid-19.
4. Youth4Peace: A platform under the UN Security Council, it counsels for peace and security. A peer community offers free counselling to the youth struggling with depression or stress.
5. Manntalks: “It’s ok to not feel ok,” says the caption of Manntalks. This platform provides a free talk therapy with trained mental health professionals from 9 am to 6 pm.
6. Citta: To motivate and inspire those who have tested positive for Covid-19, citta provides 30-minute emotional support sessions . They teach patients about dealing with anger, anxiety, and isolation—thus helping them cope . It’s free.
7. Ashia Aid: If you are looking for a catalogue of mental health resources for free, Ashia Aid is your go-to place! Whether you are struggling with depression, eating disorders or ADHD in Covid-19, the platform has exclusive packages to help you.
8. The Mind Clan: It offers free, quick mental health audio resources, webinars and events to help you feel part of a shared group. Their resources, stories, support groups and therapists can help you get started in the journey of well-being.
9. Cooj Mental Health Foundation: Based out of Goa, this foundation provides a free helpline number to help deal with stress. You can reach them between 1 pm to 7 pm from Monday to Friday, but note that their services are limited to English.
10. Parivarthan: It offers free online services and a helpline from 1 pm to 10 pm from Monday to Friday. You need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with a trained counsellor.