Rakul Preet’s 25 Step Guide to Being Happy and Healthy This New Year
With the new year right around the corner, it is time to reflect on all that has passed and prepare yourselves for a happier and healthier future. Indian actor and model Rakul Preet Singh curates an easy-to-follow guide that will help you find joy, move away from the past and—ultimately—live your best life.
Happiness is internal, it is contentment from within. Here are a few ways you can get high with happiness—some things to ask yourself and others to ponder about. To begin, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I a happy person
- When was the last time I was happy
- What makes me happy
- Can I forecast my happiness
- What are the three most important things that can make me happy
- Do I wake up happy every morning
- What affects my levels of happiness
- Can I be happy if I get rich
Being happy can impact your health as well. It can also give you a sense of wellbeing and purpose. Here are a few ways how:
- Happiness promotes a good lifestyle.
- Happy people eat greater servings of fruits and vegetables in a day.
- People who are happy engage in activities such as exercise and yoga regularly.
- Studies find that being happy may help keep the immune system robust.
- Happiness even fights stress. The levels of cortisol, the body’s stress hormone, drop when people are happy.
- Happiness may also help to decrease blood pressure which promotes a healthy heart.
- Happiness may help reduce pain in health conditions such as arthritis.
Happiness is the choice that we make. Here is how you can boost your happiness quotient:
- Eat healthy to boost your chances of being happy.
- Practice regular meditation. It will give you peace and calm.
- Practicing positive thinking. Optimism nurtures happiness.
- Get adequate sleep. It has a positive impact on your happiness levels.
- Get a proper understanding of what makes you feel happy and high.
- Do aerobic exercises. It has been found to promote happiness levels.
- Convey your gratitude.
- Count your blessings.